Bloody Scotland, Scotland’s international crime writing festival is an independent, not for profit charity, established in 2011 to present the very best of Scottish and international crime writing. We rely on a combination of sponsorship, grants, box office and donations to support our activity.
Our new Partners in Crime Patron Scheme launched by leading Scottish crime writing Alanna Knight, allows our supporters to donate to the festival and help us continue to support the work of Scottish crime writers.
Becoming a Partner in Crime is easy, simply click the links below or call us on 0141 258 1150 or email email@example.com for further information. If you simply wish to make a donation to Bloody Scotland please click here.
How you can help
Just some of the ways your annual support can help Bloody Scotland:
– Goes towards the cost of one night’s accommodation for an author participating in the festival
– Allows us to offer complimentary places at our crime writing masterclass, fostering the next generation of crime writing talent.
– Goes towards the costs of author participation in an event at the festival
– Helps us to keep event prices low and accessible to as wide an audience as possible.
– Goes towards the costs of our complimentary shuttle bus to help visitors move between festival venues
– Goes towards the costs of our launch events and allows us to spread the word about fantastic new crime writing at the festival
– Goes towards the costs of funding a 10-week internship paid at the living wage, enabling a young person to gain valuable skills and experience.
– Allows us to support the cost of our volunteer programme, providing valuable work experience and opportunities to participate in the festival
– Goes towards our launch events and allows us to spread the word about fantastic new crime writing at the festival
To join, simply click the level you wish to join us at by clicking the title in red above.
You can make your donation monthly or annually and if you use Gift Aid it will increase the value of your gift to us by 25% – at no extra cost to you.
Founding Patron Alanna Knight
Alanna Knight is one of the most popular authors in UK libraries. She is a leading crime writer who has three historical crime series, the Victorian detective Inspector Jeremy Faro, lady investigator Rose McQuinn, and time-traveller Tam Eildor. Her 70 published works also include romantic thrillers and historical novels. Alanna is Hon President of Edinburgh Writers’ Club, founder member and official of Scottish Association of Writers, and a member of Society of Authors and Crime Writers’ Association. She appears regularly at Edinburgh International Book Festival and many other literary events. In 2014 Alanna was awarded an MBE for services to literature.
I am honoured to have been invited to be the Founding Patron in support of Bloody Scotland. Having been in at the very beginning when the festival was proposed, I am so excited about its success and the way that it has confirmed Scotland’s place at the very forefront of crime writing.
However the Festival needs more support to continue doing what it does so well. Its income comes from a range of sources – ticket income, grants, sponsorship and other sources, but with ever-rising costs, it is not enough to allow us to undertake everything we would like to do: to continue to present a fantastic line up of authors from home and abroad, and other unique events, as well as to support the development of crime writing and crime writers, both at the festival and year-round.
We need your help. Please join me as a Patron and play your part in ensuring Bloody Scotland’s continuing success.