Where & When…
Friday, 19 September 2013
9.30 – 17.00
University of Stirling
PRICE FOR THE FULL DAY:
£80/£70 concessions (until 15 August 2013)
When you buy a ticket , you qualify for a discount on all Bloody Scotland festival tickets! Just enter or quote the code MASTERCLASS when you book your tickets online or by telephone.
Note: All participants will be contacted in advance for workshop registration/catering requirements.
Bloody Scotland Crime Writing Masterclass
A full day of crime-writing workshops and advice from respected experts that will inspire and equip aspiring crime writers.
Held in University of Stirling’s arts education centre Macrobert, and in association with University of Stirling’s Creative Writing team and the Stirling Centre for International Publishing and Communication.
The day includes…
– Keynote address by Val McDermid on The Craft of Crime Writing
Val McDermid is a Number One bestseller, with over two million copies sold in the UK and over 10 million worldwide. Her 27 novels include Cross and Burn (2013), the latest in the Tony Hill/Carol Jordan series.
– Morning and Afternoon writing workshops led by:
Alex Gray, bestselling Scottish crime writer and co-founder of Bloody Scotland. Liam Murray Bell, author of So It Is, and lecturer in Creative Writing at the University of Stirling.
– Agents and Publishers Panel, featuring:
- Jenny Brown, literary agent, Jenny Brown Associates.
- David Shelley, Group Publisher, Little, Brown.
- Claire Squires, Director, Stirling Centre for International Publishing and Communication
– Lunch, plus morning and afternoon refreshments
The Bloody Scotland Crime Writing Masterclass is held in partnership with Creative Writing and the Stirling Centre for International Publishing and Communication at the University of Stirling